Thursday, October 2, 2008

Politicians

Watching the debate tonight and then following up with some research has made me come to the realization that all politicians are pussies. I mean, I get it...I get why everyone should vote...how it's our responsibility as American citizens...blahdiblahdiblah. But, honestly, I just can't get excited about anyone. I'm liberal, so, I obviously think that Obama could do the most good. But I just don't feel like he totally baROCKS, you know? I guess at least he's not evil, retarded, and 300 years old like John McCain. And I think Biden is just your every day normal politician. A pussy. Not a lot of backbone, maybe. But at least he's not a psycho, irrational, biotch like Sarah Palin. I don't really feel like anyone who wants to be president is actually fit to be president. There are some people who are fit to be president, but those people are smart and humble and would never want to be the President. Unless, you know, it was some emergency situation like a CYLON ATTACK!!!!! omg i <3 Laura Roslin. i am so writing her in.

I hate it when people are super cynical all the time. But when it comes to electing the next president (as if we the people actually did elect the president)...I just really am not very motivated or passionate. This country is doomed no matter what. What we are really voting for is how fast or slow it's going to happen. It's depressing. It's frustrating. It's scary. But...shit happens. It's pretty fruitless to stress out about it all the time. I don't feel like I have any influence on the direction of the nation or the world. Wouldn't it serve all of us better to just focus on the things we love and roll with the punches? Focusing on the big picture all of the time is exhausting...and it defeats the purpose of seeing the big picture in the first place. And there is a big picture.

1 comment:

Jessamyn Svensson said...

If McCain dies, Palin becomes President and I TOTALLY don't want her to be in charge of the country... Like, she's probably going to over step her duties and abuse her power as Vice President just like Chaney if McCain/Palin win this election so... yeah she's power hungry. Me no like.

And did you notice how she pretty much the entire debate kept attacking Obama and what he voted for, even though McCain voted the same way? And she said Maverick like... one too many times.